Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
deck heater

Posted by victory_tea2085 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 17, 10 at 18:06

Anyone have a heater on their deck- what do you use?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: deck heater

I logged on today also looking for information about patio heaters. We have a covered porch where we spend a lot of our evenings in the late spring, summer and fall, but even in AZ, it can be far too cool to sit outdoors in the winter and early and have a glass of wine. My husband often is outdoors wearing a coat and gloves with his drink! I am interested in how much heat patio heaters give off, and how people address the clearances on covered patios or decks. Hope we can both get information! Jan in sunny, but still cold, SE Arizona

o

Arizona,
I am looking @ this one- Paul
http://www.portwill.com/shop/product_details.asp?mscssid=&pf_id=PATIO+GLASSFYRE

o

I saw once on backyardtheatre.com where a guy used one of those tube style gas heaters, and used dryer vent duct, on cement blocks, and ran it under his deck with a few taps off. It basically resulted in hot air billowing up through the deck every few feet and made it pretty warm he said.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here