Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
decoratordiva_gw

First Post-Front porch post war era blah!

decoratordiva
12 years ago

Hi Everyone! I am a home decor addict. I bought this house for a steal in a great neighborhood but need some help with making it look more updated. All of the houses in the neighborhood are 1940's-50's post war era brick "bungalows." This is a bungalow where I am from. In California, it is a different type of house.

Here are some pics of before, during, after, and HELP!

I hate the light grey roof, but won't be replacing it anytime soon. I don't care for the concrete pilasters around the door, and I also am negative about the white trim. So what to do? Not a fan of brass either. Need some sharp eyes please!

First month that I had the house. Just added some plants, etc. Boring white door.

Painted the front door a warm dark grey to pull out some of the color from the brick.

Fall flowers

Detail of porch. UGLY BRASS-Ick concrete

So here are the list of things that I am pondering:

Black front door w/nickel knobs, kickplate, new porch light. Paint my $200 garage sale mail box (major steal for $10) I am stumped by the white trim and light grey roof.

I think I was on the right track with the door going grey. I am not afraid of color. Any ideas? Pics welcome. Thank you !

Comment (1)