Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Porch on a porch?

Posted by emirichan79 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 24, 13 at 8:10

I just wanted to get some opinions on our front porch. We have a tiny foursquare with an enclosed porch on the front (see link below). I don't want to lose the space that the covered porch provides (total square footage including the porch is about 1000) but would like to have some sort of cute covered front porch with railings, etc.

Do you think a porch on a porch will look weird?

Here is a link that might be useful: front porch

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Porch on a porch?

So you just want to cover the part where the blue chairs are? And put railings around it?

I think it would look fine as long as it fits the architecture.

Also, if shade is your mission, colorful umbrellas are a nice option.

Good luck!
Suzi

o
RE: Porch on a porch?

@ desertdance: Yes, the area across the front door and over the chairs. We do put an umbrella up in the summer, a bright green one in fact! Mostly shelter from rain and snow are driving my interest in this project.

I'm struggling what to do with the roofline... Continue the current or make the porch roof lower and separate?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here