Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Extended Front Porch...Help please

Posted by jewel-1 (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 16, 12 at 0:27

I could sure use some help with a porch project.
We have a long and narrow front concrete porch with a stone column at each end.
I would like to increase the depth of it so that I can navigate with my power chair.

I have come up with an idea,but I don't know if it will look right.
We are thinking of extending the porch past the stone columns and putting railing around the porch.
Oh, due to a large crack across the depth of the concrete porch, We need to completely cover the porch.
It would be cost prohibitive to tear it out and rebuild.
I want to cover the concrete by building a wood porch and extending it to that it will have depth.
I also intended to place railing around the porch.

As you can see, I NEED ADVICE AND HELP .

I'm including a picture of one that is very simular to what I mean. You can see where the porch extends
beyond the wood columns.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Extended Front Porch...Help please

One idea to look into is, Aeratis porch flooring. Its a pvc tongue and groove porch flooring so it never rots, but it looks like wood. It can go right over your concrete.

You can build up a wooden frame around the perimeter of your existing concrete floor (only if you want to extend it. Next install the Aeratis directly over the concrete using a glue called PL premium (urethane based glue). On the wooden structure, if you decided to extended it beyond your current concrete pad, install Aeratis just as you would normal T&G material. Here is the best part of choosing Aeratis, it is the only product that will warranty the direct application to concrete. Also, Aeratis is ADA slip compliant both wet and dry, this could come in real hand if you are struggling with mobility (noticed you mentioned a power chair).

Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here