Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alyx_c_gw

Help with Sun on Patio in windy coastal area

alyx_c
11 years ago

This house is on the coast and it is very windy 99% of the time. I took this picture on the one day it was not windy.

The afternoon sun makes the patio unusable. You could get a bad burn just sitting there.

The heavy curtains worked well except the wind banging them agaist the stucco and roof shredded them.

Next I tried sun shades. The metal on the ends broke all my ceiling fan lights with the wind. So I got sun shades from Ikea that were much lighter and no metal. I used them more like curtains. I put them on the outside part -VS- inside the patio but the edges still got shredded with the stucco. I have thought of other commercial shades but nothing will hold up to the wind unless it is anchored to the concrete. We are building a pool right now where you see flagstone and rock. I would still like to use the patio in the afternoon. Does anyone have any ideas? I am now leaning towards putting a series of wood pergolas along the entire house to help with the sun. Anything we use must hold up to the sun, wind, and salt air. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Alyx

Comments (2)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH