Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RainEscape/DrySnap Under Decking system

Posted by winchesterva (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 9, 09 at 15:11

Is anyone familiar with "under decking rain carrying system"? We have a very large deck that we would like screen-in below, looking for ways to "rain proof". Looking at DrySnap, RainEscape and DrySpace.

Would very much appreciate any feedback from anyone familiar with these products.

Thank you in advance!

Mary
Winchester, VA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RainEscape/DrySnap Under Decking system

I am a fan of the Rain Escape system. As far as I know it's the only one that gives a real leak-proof guarantee. The types that snap up from underneath generally say 'some dripping'.

o

I'm not familiar with Rain Escape, but in researching this issue for my own deck (yet to be built), I settled on a system called DekDrain (dekdrain.com). I especially like the lifetime warranty. They use rubber, like inner tube material to channel the water. I'll take a look at Rain Escape though, maybe I'll change my mind.

o

Thank you for your responses. I had not heard of DekDrain and found a contractor in our area who will be providing an estimate to install that system. I have to say that I was surprised at the cost for these systems to be installed! We are not DIY'ers so we need to rely on the contractor to install.

Thanks again!

o

I'm considering such a system, too. Looking at DrySnap, Underdeck Oasis and just added Inside Out to the list. As far as i can tell they are similar except for materials used. I would love to get some feedback on any of these underdeck systems. I am most interested in performance, minimizing trapped moisture (hence mildew, rot etc.) It's going under Trex. Thanks for any opinions.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here