Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aoga_gw

One Time wood protector

aoga
15 years ago

I have read all of the comments on One Time, and the users seem to like it, while the pros have their doubts. Has anyone in the south used this on wood and reapplied it? How long did the initial application last? I live on a bayou in south Louisiana and wonder if it is the best choice for my dock.

Comments (9)

• big_deck
    15 years ago

I have a 'friend' I met through this forum in Houston that loves his - has applied twice.

• sierraeast
    15 years ago

Yeah right, just like one coat coverage paint...not in the real world. Highly dependent on geographical location. I would say in looziana, bite the bullet and get a quality finish that you can top coat every 5 years instead of risking your deck to possible advertising claims that dont hold up. It sounds like a new product so no one is going to be able to tell you about durability anytime soon no how!

• john_hyatt
    15 years ago

Sierr,I could not have said it my very ownself any better. J.

• big_deck
    15 years ago

Not that I know what I am talking about, but isn't an oil based sealer an easy thing to reseal every 5 years?

• paintsource
    15 years ago

Here we go again with a lot of folks just posting negative comments about a product which they have not tried or tested. We have tried and tested the One TIME, and it has proven to us to be the best choice for deck and log home care. Just do a Google search on One TIME Wood Protector, and you will find many positive satisfied customers after 4, 5, and 6 years. One TIME is a proven solution. They just don't advertise heavily. It is used among many higher-end contractors.

I also have personally used and tested the One TIME, as well as talking to many other clients across the country who have used it for a few years.

I have also evaluated and tested many many other products over the years, and One TIME is the closest to "the perfect product" for most homeowners. The only negative comments I have heard or read are on a couple of the posts here.

Many deck care product reviews or comparisons rate products in a laboratory setting, and fail to consider the beauty of the wood, and real world circumstances. Most deck staining products we see advertised and endorsed carry false claims with respect to longevity. They fail to account for the frequent maintenance required . Many end up looking "paint-like", and lead to eventual stripping.

Bottom line, I just think the One TIME does what it says:
    Wood is protected from mildew and moisture for several years, and we can easily refresh color whenever we desire without ever stripping or even heavy chemical cleaning. I describe it as "non-problematic", unlike most other choices out there. With no hard chemistry for maintenance, and no solvent or water in the product, you can't get much "greener".

I hope this helps.

Here is a link that might be useful: More about One TIME

• sealpro1
    15 years ago

I do not know anything about One Time product, but I can atest to Sealwize. The product only has to be applied once and it will not deteriorate because it is a mineral based technology. I have had it on my deck for over a year and it still beads. Another key selling point for me was the fact that it is green and contains no VOC's like the other products on the market.

• john_hyatt
    15 years ago

Folks its better to just let this go. This guy posts every so often with the same support group it just goes on and on.

Look around on this site and you will find all the unhappy customers as well as the support group. J

• each1teach1
    15 years ago

Can you post any pictures Sealpro1?

• classyladi58_verizon_net
    13 years ago

We have used one time wood and will say it is by far the best protectant on the market. We have used everything out there and every year we have to sand the deck because of the mold and fungus. This will be the first time in 6 years we do not have to sand. I would recommend this product highly.