Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
concrete floor?

Posted by patches_02 (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 20, 13 at 9:48

We had a back patio that had a roof over it and the concrete floor. We enclosed it now but it's not going to
be a heated room all the time. Just when we want to be out there. Enclosed because it would make a good wind block from the cold west winds here in Indiana.Now we would like to put something down over the concrete but have been told we can't do anything in the winter.Says glue can't be used because it won't stick to cold concrete. What is something we can use instead.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: concrete floor?

Hello! The only thing I can suggest is maybe looking into staining the floor. Their are tons of floor stains that make a boring concrete floor look interesting. It is a very rustic look though, so if that is not your kind of style I wouldn't suggest it. If you arn't sure about what I mean, just google "concrete stain" and a ton of images will come up! I actually used this in my basement a few years ago and it looks great!

Hope this helps!

o

try a rug?

o

How about putting down a dricore subfloor and then whatever you want on top of that?

o

This is our porch. Our builder poured a concrete floor and I hated it. When it got warm enough we put down this wood looking tile. Love my porch now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here