Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
terryibra

how do you post pictures on this site?

terryibra
14 years ago

I want to post some pics on this site but I don't know how. I really would like to share since I got a lot of ideas off of other's pictures! By the way, I really appreciate the expert advice I have gotten from Renovxpt, golfgeek, poolguynj, and racket amongst others. I have learned a lot and I showed my pool guy this website. He thinks it is pretty cool and says you guys are on the money!

Comments (12)

• poolguynj
    14 years ago

Another nice site is Trouble Free Pools. Renovxpt and I are there too. THere are different sections cover chemistry, builds, and repairs.

Scott

Here is a link that might be useful: Trouble Free Pools Web Site

• grassy
    14 years ago

At the top of the message subject list, there is a "Switch to: Gallery" link. You can upload pictures there, but I have only been able to upload one at a time, and it looks like you need a separate "message" for each picture.

I think it is easier to just sign up for a free Flikr account (or similar free photo album service), upload to there, and then use links to your photos on that site.

• terryibra
    Original Author
    14 years ago

testing....

/Users/hanyibrahim/Desktop/documents/Documents/house/pool plans/tn.jpeg

• poolguynj
    14 years ago

Easiest way I have seen is to:

1) set up a Photobucket account
    2) below each "thumb nail is a box with HTML code. Copy and paste in your message box.

Done.

Scott

• renovxpt
    14 years ago

• poolguynj
    14 years ago

Renovxpt asked how to explain this to a homeowner. I assume the H/O inherited this with the house.

The first things I would do:

1) Clean out the weeds.
    2) label everything with my P-Touch. This may require a blower to identify the lines. Use UV resistant label tape.

Then give the H/O a pool school lesson. A basic description of the parts of the pool, mechanics of operation and chems. Give him this website and TFPs.

I am guessing but it looks like he has a large pool with a few water features such as a waterfall, sheer decents and deck jets and an attached spa. The spa or another water feature has a booster pump.

Some of that gear is a bit long in the tooth. Does it all work?

I don't see a slab under anything. Are there any?

You might suggest extending the B/W line to behind the heater so the hose isn't taking foot space where it can be tripped on.

The RayVac Energy Kit needs a bottle and filter.

I count 5 skimmers. Is this pool 2000 sq. feet? Thats a lot to ask of a single residential pool pump. If it is, the RayVac needs a booster too.

Scott

• renovxpt
    14 years ago

Scott, I was being facetious with that question. The pool was a foreclosure quote and we never got to the point of
    explaining the valves. here is the rest of the story.

• poolguynj
    14 years ago

How much does the duck owe?

Scott

• renovxpt
    14 years ago

She tried a short sale and offered her first born, but the banks had no mercy.

• poolguynj
    14 years ago

Hmm, no Daddy Mallard around, Those ducklings are going to wind up as gangstas.

Scott

• renovxpt
    14 years ago

How much did the duck owe?

great line,been lol all afternoon!

• Rack Etear
    14 years ago

First thing I would do is get our my sawzall.