Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jjsaustin

Need advice on new pool, Blue Square, Haywood, UV, Zodiac...

jjsaustin
9 years ago

Hi,

We built our first pool was ~9 yrs ago and we used Pentair equipment, Caretaker infloor cleaning system, with SWG and a sand filter. We had no problems with it and this forum was a big help! We are building a new pool and talking to various pool builders.

One of the pool builders we are considering spec'd the pool with:
Haywood 2.7hp EcoStar Variable speed pump and a 2hp pump for the infloor cleaner. How does Haywood compare to the Pentair Intelliflo pumps from a reliability standpoint?

Blue Square infloor cleaning system which (according to their website) is suppose to be better than Paramount and Caretaker. I find very little info and real life experiences on the web... Anybody heard of them or have any experience?

UV light with Zodiac Nature II mineral cartridge. It seems like salt now has a bad rep for eating stone coping etc... Maybe people did not keep the chemistry balanced. We did not have any real issues and liked the fact it was low maintenance. We just added a gallon of acid every week and it was fine. I have done some reading on the UV systems and they only treat the water that passes thru. I'm not sure given the hot Texas heat and pool temperatures that reach into the 90+, how well this would work and if there is constant fiddling with chlorine pucks to keep the chlorine levels correct, etc....

The other spec's are pretty standard with a mini pebble finish, 2.5" suction lines. We will have a salted concrete deck with a Stone Leuder coping.

Since I am not familiar with some of the equipment I am looking for peoples opinion.

Thanks for any feedback!!

Comments (3)