Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Resurface gunite pool with fiberglass. Need help

Posted by scott_home (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 16, 11 at 19:31

Hi all,

I have a gunite/plaster pool that is 25 years old. I am trying to decide between Pebble Sheen and Fiberglass for resurfacing. Many people here compliment about the pebble product. Did anyone use fiberglass in a resurfacing project? What are the pros and cons? Thanks.

Scott

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Resurface gunite pool with fiberglass. Need help

scott_home,
I would not use fiberglass. As a PB, I have used most finishes including fiberglass. I used fiberglass for specific applications. I would not recommend it for a normal replaster. It is a very difficult material to remove should you want to in the future.
Pebble-Tec products work well and last well. The quartz products are also very good. Good luck.

o

I strongly agree with golfgeek on this. F/G needs periodic painting, will blister, and never has the shiny, glossy look of a real F/G pool. I have seen many a fly by night F/G company. The main reason for the Fly By Night characterization is the poor, mid and long term durability issues and promises of a life time warranty are pure hogwash.

Proper plastering, regardless of what finish you use is a far better choice.

There are different cost for different plastering products. On the low end of the scale is plain white plaster and on the high end are the high aggregates such as PT. There are many in between products also.

Scott

o

With over 30 years in fiberglass pool resurfacing experience (we are definitely no fly-by-night), our experience shows that fiberglass, installed properly, will far outlast plaster. Take a look at our website and facebook page to see sample pictures and customer references. PT makes beautiful pools, but even those don't last forever. The last 3 years we have been getting more and more calls to come resurface over PT. Hope this helps!

Here is a link that might be useful: Fiberglass Pool Resurfacing Info

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here