Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pebble Fina looks terrible

Posted by ebleavy (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 5, 12 at 14:22

Hello! Our pool was finished a week ago, with a Pebble Fina grigio finish. It looks awful! Not blue as we were told, but concrete grey. Splotchy and stained. They did a hot start, and we've been brushing diligently. Rep insisted hot start would even things out, but no improvement. Until this the pool was looking gorgeous and we were so excited, but now I look at it and want to cry. Would like to know from folks here whether there's anything to be done, because we no longer trust our PB to give us a straight answer. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pebble Fina looks terrible

What part of the country are you in? Are you sure you received Pebble Fina by Pebble Technologies and not a knock-off product? One week into it is still too early to tell. It could take a month before the true finish is revealed.

o

I would also add that the water, from a distance is blue. The finish, the surroundings, and time of day will all play a part in the hue and intensity of that blue. By and large, the blue comes from the sky's color.

Your description is a bit vague to me. What is it about the color that you don't care for? Is it the water or the actual bottom that you don't care for? What expectations were set?

As womanowned mentioned, a week is a bit soon to expect the final color. I have some additional questions that are very related to this. Has the pool been fed it's chemicals so that it's balanced? Has the filter been running? Are you caring for the pool or is the PB? How are you testing the water?

Scott

o

I'm sorry to hear of your problem with your Pebble Fina pool pool finish. I almost used them for my pool, but chose to go with National Pool Tile instead. Their ColorScapes pool finish looks great in my pool. They help me out so much and everyone was very helpful and nice. I went with the Sandstone pool finish. It looks absolutely amazing. Check them out.

Here is a link that might be useful: ColorScapes

o

Dont regret using Pebble Fina over ColorScapes. In my long time building opinion, you are dealing with a bette product with a better company behind it.

With that said, sounds like you may have received a bad workmanship job. Splotchy and stained is a concern, but is inherent in any colored plaster....to what degree is the question.

Can you post pics?

o

i also have some bad looking pebble fina that was installed a few days ago - grigio with lots of dark grey stains and swirls. brushed, ran the filter and let the PB take care of the chemistry but i fear the pool is always going to look like its dirty. i wouldn't do it again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here