Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rirsz

Central New Jersey New Pool build

rirsz
11 years ago

Decided to go with Seasonal World. So far it's been a very good experience. We are building a liner pool and the dig date is set for this March.

Comments (58)

• rirsz
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I never thought I'd miss that old nasty patio, until I saw this...

• rirsz
    Original Author
    11 years ago

This used to be a lawn...

• rirsz
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Now that's a hole!

• rirsz
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Shelf

• rirsz
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Deep end (only 7')

• rirsz
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Next step is building the form for the cement wall. The crew is supposed to be at the house on Friday Mar. 15. Hopefully more pics then.

• rirsz
    Original Author
    11 years ago

As promised, Seasonal World came on Friday and completed the forms.

• rirsz
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The Deep End

• rirsz
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The retaining wall

• rirsz
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Inspections are scheduled for this Monday, then they pour the cement! I can already smell the chlorine...

• jumpinjackieflash
    11 years ago

It really amazes me to watch these construction threads - when you think of what is accomplished in such a short amount of time, it's just phenomenal! Can't wait to see your next photos!

• jerseypool
    11 years ago

We had our fiberglass pool installed by Seasonal World a few years ago. No-nonsense company in Central Jersey that did a fantastic job. I'd use them again in a heartbeat. They even made a video of our pool installation.

Here is a link that might be useful: Seasonal World - Fiberglass Pool Installation

• rirsz
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi "Jersey Pool", I actually found your thread last year. One of the reasons I decided to give Seasonal World a chance.

• rirsz
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Well, It's been a week since I last posted. In that week we've passed inspections, poured the concrete, finished the retaining wall, and installed the plumbing for the filter.

• rirsz
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Equipment laid out

• rirsz
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here is a shot of the sundeck and the built-in cleaning system

• rirsz
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Deep end and cleaning system

• rirsz
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I can't believe all the pipes they laid

• rirsz
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Well hopefully more to come next week! Thanks for following along.

• jerseypool
    10 years ago

Everything looks good so far. I was going to be picky about how I wanted our pool equipment laid out, after seeing so many pix of shoddy work from other installers, but I didn't have to say anything with these guys... Your equipment setup/piping looks real clean as well. Great updates... Enjoying your thread!

• muddy_water
    10 years ago

Looks great!!!!

• rirsz
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for the comments all. I'll tell you, the pipes are so well laid, I almost feel bad burying them...

• rirsz
    Original Author
    10 years ago

No new photos this week, but the pool has been backfilled and the equipment has been wired and the gas line has been pulled to the heater. Hopefully have some new pics next week.

• rirsz
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Well, a lot has happened in the last couple of weeks.

• rirsz
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Electric, Gas, Backfill, Liner, and a little water.

• rirsz
    Original Author
    10 years ago

We are starting to get really excited about Memorial Day!

• womanowned
    10 years ago

Your pool is looking great! It's fascinating to see the different building techniques based on the part of country in which you live. Many years of enjoyment!

• rirsz
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks womanowned, our little guy couldn't wait any longer and decided he'd be the first one in. Unfortunately he then decided to roll around in the dirt!

• rirsz
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I received an email from kali2024, but have no way to respond since your address was blocked. I haven't had a chance to post my pictures yet, but you can see them at flickr.

Seasonal World has been great to work with and I do recommend them.

My dog is very light (10 lbs.) so I'm not too worried about him tearing the liner. A larger dog (over 50 lbs) would be a cause for concern in my opinion.

Here is a link that might be useful: flickr photos

• Carnut12
    10 years ago

What color liner is that??

Came out Great!!!

• Chris
    10 years ago

I had never considered that you could use an infloor cleaning system with a liner before.

Pool looks great - congrats!

• rirsz
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The liner is black and tan, I told the PB I wanted a Caribbean Green look. When he told me I had to use this color I thought he was nuts, but he was right.

As far as the infloor system goes, it's the best money I've ever spent. The pool has been open since early May and I haven't vacuumed it yet and the floor is spotless.

• rirsz
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here are the pics of the finished pool.

• rirsz
    Original Author
    10 years ago

• rirsz
    Original Author
    10 years ago

• rirsz
    Original Author
    10 years ago

• rirsz
    Original Author
    10 years ago

• Tracy Rosplohowski
    5 years ago

How big is your pool? Thanks.

• J C
    5 years ago

Your pool looks great! We're in the process of having a similar layout installed by Seasonal World. So far I am beyond impressed with the entire process. From sitting down with Tony and his designer day 1 to the weekly construction updates i get from the construction manager each Friday. We had some friends have pools installed this past summer by other companies and they all had some kind of an issue, some of which are still ongoing... Seasonal World is probably a little more expensive than the others but for an investment such as this, I'll gladly pay a bit more for piece of mind, quality, and craftsmanship. When Tony tells you his crew will be there performing a task on a particular day, you can bet his crew is there. Additionally, all the inspections are scheduled in advance so theirs no delays or games played with regards to getting the jobs done.

One of the other reasons we went with SW is because o there patented self cleaning system which everyone we spoke to about it rants and raves of how phenomenal it is, rarely having to vacuum a pool is a huge selling point! We also added a water feature "fountain" in the tanning ledge and an additional light in the shallow end.

Some pics of progress thus far since breaking ground 2 weeks ago. Plumbing installed today with inspection tomorrow 10/16 and then backfill this week with liner going in Saturday.

Its going to be a long winter!

• J C
    5 years ago

• J C
    5 years ago

• J C
    5 years ago

• J C
    5 years ago

• J C
    5 years ago

• J C
    5 years ago

• J C
    5 years ago

• rirsz
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Sorry Frank, just seeing your question now. This is our 5th summer and still no issues or fading of liner.

JC, best of luck with your build! You made the right decision in choosing SW as your builder. You basically just get to sit back and watch the magic. The self cleaning system is a must and you will never regret that expense... Can't wait to see the finished product...

• J C
    5 years ago
    Thanks rirsz. Glad to know the cleaning system is really worth it and that you’re not having any issues 5 years later.
  • J C
    5 years ago
    Backfill complete and flooring in.. liner and coping on Saturday. Amazing how they spread that Portland/sand floor so flawlessly. The crew was great!
Sponsored
Kwon Contracting
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Loudoun County, VA