Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
texasmike60

Starting the Pool Build Process, Friendswood, TX

texasmike60
13 years ago

Hi everyone.

We are in the early stages of building our first pool in Friendswood, Texas. This site has been very helpful to me so I thought I would also share my experiences as we go through the process.

I have tried to find as many comments as possible on pool contractors in my area from this site. As a result, I have developed a list of builders to avoid as well as those to definately pursue. My list of possible contractors now includes; Blue Haven, Rainey, Pineloch, Bay Area Pools, Backyard Amenities, and Pearland Pools. Our first set of design meetings is scheduled for the week of Dec 27, 2010.

Now the education begins. I was orginally sold on an ozone sanitizing system, but now I'm not so sure. I will be researching as much as possible on water chemistry as well as what each contractor recommends.

I would love to hear from others in my (SE Houston) area who have built pools. Please provide your positive experiences as well as your nightmares! Have I chosen quality contractors to consider? I have done some initial research with the BBB and eliminated some. The six contractors I mentioned above have ratings from B to A+.

Thanks to all in advance for your valuable input and support.

Mike

Comments (3)