Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
question about pump and heater???

Posted by michelle16 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 6, 10 at 10:42

Hello everyone, I have not been on here since the summer when our pool was completed, but had a question about the automatic pump on the solid cover, we have left it on but were told to unplug when it freezes, so do you take it inside now? then what about all the snow that sits on the cover, why is it necessary to take all the rain water off, then we get alot of snow, and it sits on there? not sure what to do, also, right now we just have a piece of plywood on top of the raypack heater, should we get a heater cover, I was told no because animals get in there? Any help would be great, thanks in advance!! Michelle

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: question about pump and heater???

A cover pump's job is to reduce the drowning risks associated with ponding liquid water. It's tough to drown on ice.

If the cover is frozen to the pool surface and will be that way till Spring, unplugging it is a good idea.

If there is a warm spell, plug it back in.

Scott

o

WRT to the heater cover, I have found they create a shelter for mice. Mice chew things like wires and insulation.

Scott

o

I'd take my chances with the mice, because you know weather would take it's toll on the heater.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here