Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calisurf_gw

Help. Wrong Pigment Used In Quartz Plaster

calisurf
13 years ago

Help. I'm looking for some advice. I am in the final stages of my pool remodel. The pool builder used wrong pigment in our quartz plaster and it is 100 shades too dark.

They have offered to fix it by applying a bond over the screwup and puting another coat with the correct pigment. I am not convinced that the fix is a good solution and is only a superficial coverup. I am sure that over a short period of time the dark finish underneath will be exposed because I can't imagine that the reapplication would be very thick.

In the PB's defense the finish manufacturer has 2 products, stonescape tahoe blue for their pebble line and quartzscape tahoeblue, they mixed up the pigments. We wanted quartzscape tahoe blue but got the pigment for the stonescape tahoe blue which is very dark. I don't want the dark finish because the water will look like a lagoon.

Experts, if you have any advice it is appreciated. Is the PB's suggested fix a good one?

I am will follow this up with a pic of the sample over the actual installed finish.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals