Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
smooth flagstone coping edge?

Posted by lbphathead19 (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 9, 12 at 2:22

Just wondering what most have seen. Where the flagstone coping meets the concrete deck do most PB make it smooth or keep it more naturally jagged. I think if they make it smooth it will look too unnatural. what does everyone think.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: smooth flagstone coping edge?

I prefer the clean look of cut edging. The jaggedness looks unfinished to me and can double the length of the expansion joint needed where it meets a concrete deck.

Scott

o

Thanks for the input. Another question, what is the typical product used for that expansion joint. It should be flexible, right?

o

There are a number of self leveling caulks that are made for this. The mason often does this with his preferred choice in the color of your choice. It comes in 3 or 4 colors, depending on the brand used.

Some PBs will set and leave a tear away foam form to separate the coping from a poured deck. This may last a short time but it needs to be replaced before it deteriorates and starts letting water penetrate.

Scott

o

i just spoke with my PB he said he uses a masic that will stay flexible, called decko seal. He also recommended that I take the edges of the flagstone, he said it gives it a more "finished" look.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here