Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cvd775

New pool build League City

cvd775
14 years ago

Finally starting our pool build. We should start the dig 12/15( weather permitting). We chose Pearland Pools for our builder. Thanks everyone for the advice and picture's from this site. It has been a life saver. Here are a few specs.

25'X 34"

612 sq. ft.

115 ln. Ft.

Spa raised 18" / 7'X 8"6"

34" weeping wall

6'6" x 12" tanning ledge

{{!gwi}}

Comments (30)

• garageworksguy
    14 years ago

Really like the shape of the spa, very different and unique.

• ajones
    14 years ago

i do as well! did you decide to do only 1 light in the pool?
    really like the design as well. good luck on your build and here's hoping the weather cooperates!!!!!

• cvd775
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I am going to talk to the PB when/if they come tomorrow to dig about a second light. The initial Spa shape was the "ear" shape. I think I just happen to see this shape on this site and liked it as well. Ready to get started!!!

• lala2874
    14 years ago

Congrats on the pool! Pearland built ours and we couldn't be happier! Keep us updated.

• cvd775
    Original Author
    14 years ago

And so it begins!!! Hopefully gunite on Friday. I will work at getting some better quality pictures. It is dark by the time I get home.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• leonardsmalls
    14 years ago

Pearland built ours as well ... we couldn't be happier with the pool and, just as importantly, the "after build" service we've received from Randy and the gang.

• cvd775
    Original Author
    14 years ago

12/15 dig, 12/18 gunite. So far Pearland Pools has been fantastic!!!

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• poolguynj
    14 years ago

Remember to water the shell on days it isn't raining.

Scott

• cvd775
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I had just got home from work. Watered it right after I took the pictures.

• baykin
    14 years ago

Looks great! Congrats! We chose Pearland Pools as well. We were very happy with them!

• ajones
    14 years ago

looking awesome, congratulations on the progress! keep the pics coming

• ryan0424
    14 years ago

I am looking to put in a pool in League City in February. I love your design. Just starting to look at builders and have seen that Pearland got some good reviews. Can you tell me how pricy they are. We are looking to spend around $35,000-$37,000.

Thanks

• cvd775
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ryan0424
    Our build was a little more than what you are wanting to spend (but not by much), but we added a few upgrades. I do not think you would have a problem building a nice pool in your price range. As far a Pearland being price comparible. We narrowed our search down to 3 builders and their bids were all within $500 or less. We chose pearland because of their reputation on this site, Randy(owner) was an inspector in this area at one time so he knows the codes, and he actually is at the job site overseeing the build. I would definitely at least let them give you a bid. We changed our design about 8 times. They were most helpful.

• drknjk
    14 years ago

cvd775,

I notice your pool was well below the house. I was just curious why the pool was dug so far below grade?

• cvd775
    Original Author
    14 years ago

From the back of the yard to my patio, there is a 12" difference. It slopes down and then comes back up where the patio is. We are going to put in a rock weeping wall across the back wall. They are installing the equipment and plumbing today.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• ajones
    14 years ago

looks like they are making progress, hopefully the weather will continue to cooperate with you and expedite the process! keep the pics coming........love the spa

• cvd775
    Original Author
    14 years ago

We had a little delay with the holidays, weather, and a few unforseen things. All our equipment is in, gas, plumbing, electrical all passed. Our tile was discontinued, so we had to go pick out tile again. We are just waiting on the weather to cooperate to start the tile and coping. Should have more pictures on Monday.

• ftwpoolgirl
    14 years ago

It's beautiful and turning out well. Hopefully your delay won't be too much longer.

• cvd775
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Its been busy week. We are getting close.....

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• cvd775
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Laying out the decking today. Hopefully more pics to follow soon. We changed our plaster to the Wetedge Technology luna Quartz series. We chose Mediterranean

• cvd775
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Moving along. Weather has not been cooperating, but we are still getting close. Filling with water as we speak. Lacking a few minor details on the flagstone, applying the spraydeck to the patio, and the clean up. Plaster is looking good.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• ajones
    14 years ago

cvd, that looks fantastic!!!!! i know you're excited to get the fill completed and see how everything looks and works! our neighbor went with wetedge as well and loves it! congratulations and keep the pictures coming!

• ryan0424
    14 years ago

can you tell me what type of decking you have and how many sq feet. Also what type of plaster and equipment.

We just got our first quote from a PB in the Clear lake area that came in around $42,000.Our specs are very close to yours. Pearland pools is comming over this Friday. We plan on getting at least 3 quotes. Was your total cost in the low 40's?

BEAUTFUL POOL
    Thanks for your help

• leonardsmalls
    14 years ago

Ryan0434

Let me put my plug in for Pearland Pools:

Linky Thing: Leonardsmalls Pool Build

Linky Thing: Beyond The Call Of Duty

• cvd775
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ryan0424'

Sorry for the late response. Been away from the computer. We were in the low $40's. They removed and replaced 235 sq.ft. of decking, and added another 225 sq. ft. decking. My total spray deck area was approx 700 sq. ft. The plaster is Wetedge Technology luna Quartz series (Mediterranean). I have 2 LED 4.0 colorlogic lights in the pool, and one in the spa. We are very happy with our pool. I have not been able to get pictures. The weather has been bad. Hopefully today or tomorrow I will post some. We are circulating water now. Pearland uses Hayward equipment. I cannot complain about pearland. They have been very helpful and pleasant to deal with. Their subcontractors all seem to take pride in their workmanship. I have never been red flagged by inspection this entire time. Randy was a city inspector for pearland at one time so he knows the codes. Definitely get ATLEAST 3 bids. Do not be afraid to change your design ideas as many times as you want. We went through at least 3 or 4 totally different designs, and then altered our a few times as well.

• ryan0424
    14 years ago

Oh yea one last question. Did either of you get the hand held computer remote. We are thinking of not getting it so we can keep the cost of the pool to budget.

• travis_turner
    14 years ago

Ryan,

I would advise against NOT getting the hand held remote. In the grand scheme of things, they aren't that much extra. They are priceless in the winter time and at night when you really don't want to be fumbling around with pool equipment. Just my opinion though.

• piscespool
    14 years ago

Looking great cvd!! You'll be enjoying it before you look around! Oh, and I agree with travisturner...we have Pentair equipment with the Easy Touch remote control and LOVE IT. When it was in the '20's here recently, I could look at it and tell we were in "freeze mode", etc. without going outside to the pumps and checking during the night. That's just *one* good feature among many. I take much better care of my pool and water because of the convenience of turning the pumps and other features on/off easily, and setting schedules easily. Well worth the extra money by far. I'd definitely tweak the budget to include an indoor controller.

• cvd775
    Original Author
    14 years ago

We have been complete for a few weeks with the exception of a few minor details. Water is clearing up. The weather has been pretty bad here this winter, but the hot tub works great.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• mcchick
    13 years ago

cvd775,
    I love how your pool turned out! Was wondering how do you like the finish now that it has been a year? I am over here in Friendswood and about to start a pool. I am trying to decide on finish and tile. Love the color of yours and the trim tile. So hard to tell from pics though.
    thanks,
    Christie