Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Freeze protection lowers spa water level

Posted by mudn (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 28, 10 at 23:20

I have freeze protection on my pool, spa, and in-floor cleaner (separate pump and lines). During the recent low temps, it kicked in and I awoke to a spa that was half full. I turned the freeze protection off from the spa and changed it to the spillover instead until I can figure out why the spa would empty.

Anybody know why the spa lost half it's water?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Freeze protection lowers spa water level

This is the first cold snap since our pool was completed and I awoke to the same thing two days ago. All of our equipment appears to be working so the only thing I could figure out is that a little water was moving from the spa to the pool every 15 minutes when the valves turn.

I have an automated valve on the spa spillover so I turned freeze protection on for that circuit last night. Now when it switches to "pool" it also pumps water into the spa. This morning the spa was full.

I'm not crazy about running the spillover when it gets really cold but this seems to have solved the problem for now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here