Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Starting to get bids and terrified - DFW

Posted by partypond (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 28, 10 at 23:13

I have been haunting this place for about 2 years now and still don't have a pool. Well hubby just announced that we can finally do it and wants a contract signed by the end of the year. YIPPPEEEEEE!!

SOOOO, I have making some phone calls tomorrow and getting the bid process started. I am in the far north Dallas area so we have a wide selection of builders but I am so worried about making this decision. I am hoping someone really stands out as the best selection but wow all of this is overwelming! I am calling Claffey, Gold Medal, Platinum, Clear Tech and Artesian to start with and then Benchmark is a back up plus I would like to talk to Stonepools. Any comments on any of these??

thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Starting to get bids and terrified - DFW

I couldn't get anyone from Gold Medal to call me back or email me back, so they were cut quickly. ClearTech was pretty good getting back to me, but their price was very high.

o

Terrified now?? LOL! You had better get on some tranquilizers now, you aint seen nothing yet! Wait till they start tearing up your yard etc etc!

o

I am sure it will just get crazier! I have 2 builders coming out on Wednesday and 2 on Thursday so hopefully once i get started I will feel better about the whole thing. Just looking at all the pictures of everyones pools is getting me very excited. I am sure with everyones help I will make an informed decision.

Thanks

o

We just built..used Custom Outdoor Trends. Craig was A.MAZE.ING! check out his website www.customoutdoortrends.com

good luck w/ your new pool!

o

Claffey or Paul Miller in your area would both be a good choice.

o

Saw this www.howtobuyaswimmingpool.com , one of my customers bought it... lots of good info for the first time buyer

o

thanks for the info everyone.

We ran into some financing problems (love Tx mortgage laws!!) but think we have resolved them. We have chosen a builder and meet with him tonight to look at updated plans. Getting excited to see plans tonight.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here