Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
iwannapool

Need Pool Builder DFW - Keller Area

iwannapool
13 years ago

Okay, after months of getting pool bids I think we have finally narrowed it down to 3 or maybe 4. Anyway, I would love to know if anyone has had a pool built by any of these guys and did you love or hate'em and why, PLEASE:

Mid-City Custom Pool - Hurst

Klapprodt - Keller

Puryear - Fort Worth

J.Caldwell - Fort Worth

I believe I have them in the order we are considering. I am leaning towards Klapprodt and my hubbie really likes Mid-City, so you can see our dilemma.

All bids were very close in price give or take $2,000. Klapprodt and Mid-City seem to have been in biz the longest out of the four.

This will be our very first pool build, so we/I am very nervous and excited! But, because its so much money we would really like to find some references that the builder doesn't cherrypick.

Thanks everyone! I have really enjoyed seeing everyone's pics of their gorgeous pools!

Comments (14)

• goofygrin
    13 years ago

I talked to Klapprodt, but they don't service Frisco. They were very upfront with me. They have also been voted as one of the best builders in that area multiple years in a row.

• iwannapool
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yeah that's one reason they are staying at the top of my list.

• goofygrin
    13 years ago

I'm not sure if your area does this, but Frisco has a system online where you can see the permits that have been pulled in the city.

I was able to use that as a research tool to see exactly how long builds were taking, any common issue that the builder constantly had to fix and as well find non-cherry picked references.

You might see if there's something like that in your city.

• iwannapool
    Original Author
    13 years ago

thanks i can find it for fort worth but not for keller or hurst, etc. we are in zip 76244 which was changed to fort worth but keller schools - very confusing to most. thanks

• ajones
    13 years ago

iwannapool, might i suggest Paul Miller Custom Pools as a referenc? we talked to mid cities, Klapprodt, and Seahorse pools in FTW.

By far Paul Miller in Keller was our choice from the initial meetings. he's honest and will not pass the building phase off to someone else to oversee. and he will build you an excellent pool. i also live in the 76244 zip code in the Crawford Farms subdivision.

he's built a number of pools in the subdivision this year alone. i think you would be doing yourself a favor in contacting him if you already have not.

Good luck in the selection process.

• goofygrin
    13 years ago

I will say that the reason we went with the builder that we did was because the guy that sold us the pool was the one that would be there every day during construction.

There would be no worries about "well the sales guy said 'x'" or anything like that.

So far it's worked out well.

• ajones
    13 years ago

i completely agree with that! it's nice to see the PB through all phases of the build and to be on site daily.

does put you at ease.

• iwannapool
    Original Author
    13 years ago

goofygrin
    did u use paul miller as well? if not who did u use?

ajones,
    thanks, we are in heritage, and most of the ones we picked were due to signs in the yards around here and some references from those people. My hubby is wanting to put in a covered patio with fireplace and kitchen -- I think that's why he leans towards mid-city because they do it all. I just want a pool that will be well constructed and not a big mess.
    thanks again and hopefully more people will chime in with their opinions too.

• goofygrin
    13 years ago

Nope, that's not who we're using. I'm not going to tell their name until we're done and happy or done and pissed off.

• schmackster
    13 years ago

Rather than getting other builders involved: I worked in both management and pool sales in the DFW area. I am in Spring TX so I have no axe to grind.

Both of the companies you mentioned are good companies. But, I would lean towards Klapprodt.

• ajones
    13 years ago

iwannapool, i hear ya on the outdoor kitchen. i know that my wife and i view several of pauls pools to get an idea on interior and tile and 2 of those had outdoor kitchens that he had done for his customers.

just food for thought.

good luck on the whole process!

• iwannapool
    Original Author
    13 years ago

still having trouble making that final commitment to write that huge check! we are still trying to decide which one of the above pool companies, but I think Puryear is fixing to get dropped from the list -- I keep being the one to initiate contact -- the salesperson is awful at follow up, so I figure they must not want my money. Klapprodt's design is very bland and Mid city is giving me more of a custom look. I like the design from Puryear the best but again no one has followed up with me after their design -- they also wouldn't release their design so we could ponder over it and compare it to the others. so....

• paradigmdawg
    13 years ago

Puryear was the first one that got dropped from our list. I also saw a couple of people on here that used them and were not pleased.

• jglo4
    8 years ago

So, who'd you go with for your pool? We're in the planning stages and considering calling on two of these builders as well. J Caldwell has great designs but charges to come out...worth it??

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH