Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Pool Build in South Louisiana

Posted by srbami (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 1, 10 at 20:42

We are in the process of choosing our PB. But still have questions about heaters. Gas or electric? How much will my bill increase when using either heater?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Pool Build in South Louisiana

If you are getting an attached spa, gas is the way to go.

If your electric rates are like much of California, gas is the way to go.

If you are not getting a spa and your electricity is less than $0.25/KWh, a heat pump will serve you well, assuming the pool isn't really big, resulting in higher evaporative losses than the heat pump can cope with.

Scott

o

Thanks Scott. We are not getting a raised spa. There will be a seating circle inside the pool with the jets along the back seat. So I am assuming my heated pool will have heated water coming out of those jets. I will have to check my electricity bill. The size of the pool will be 17x34.
Shelley

o

A heat pump is more of a "maintainer" and a gas heater is more of a "early or late season want to heat up the pool" device.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here