Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
seanpool

Bedrock Pools in Houston

seanpool
17 years ago

Just wanted to see if anyone in the Houston area has used bedrock pools.

Thanks

Comments (17)

• huskyrider
    17 years ago

I don't know them personally, but my guniter does his work.
    He said they build a awesome handcrafted gunite pool.
    I'd call that very high praise indeed. The owners of any good gunite company will always see the best of the best and the worst of the worst pool construction contractors.
    On his recommendation alone I'll give the man a thumbs up even on sight unseen work.

See Ya,
    Kelly

• seanpool
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks for the Info Kelly.

• bbuchanan2
    17 years ago

We talked to them prior to putting in our pool. Its a completely different concept in pool design. They don't actually use an interior finish such as plaster or pebble, but rather coat the gunite to make it water proof. Very Flintstone look to it. I don't know much about the quality of the work, but if you are into something different, they really fit the bill. I also recently had a conversation with a supplier here in town that stated they have started doing their own shotcrete (wet mix) instead of Gunite. I don't know if this is true or not.

• jkktx1
    16 years ago

Hi Kelly:

Sugar Land here...you familiar w/?

Houston Pool Design Construction Co.

Good or bad recommendation?

Thanks.

• hpurvis
    16 years ago

jkktx1,

I am curious to, as that is who we have decided to go with :) liked the smaller company with a competive price. ALso liked the fact that no matter when I call our sales rep he answers his phone or calls back within 10 minutes. we should start digging in about 10-12 days say hopfully we will have some sunshine, we are in Deer Park.

Also I liked that their warranty was transfarable for the life of the pool (not just 5 years) as long as they inspect it, that was a big deal to us, becuase you never know where life will take you and to a buyer that can help put their mind at ease. also they had a 3 year warranty on equipment vs, 1 year.

-H

• don_peterson_petag_net
    16 years ago

Do not use this company.You will be miserable if you do.They give very bad pool contractors a good name.

• jim82
    16 years ago

We hired Bedrock Pools to build a pool. It was one of the worst experiences of my life - right up there with losing a job, divorce, loss of a loved one. Dealing with them was torture. I had to fire them near the end because they would not finish. The new company I hired pointed out all the issues with their work. After a couple of months the coloring of the rocks is fading. I met a home builder that told me Bedrock walked off the middle of a job for them because they refused to overadvance. Another contractor told me that Bedrock is on many pool supplier watch lists. STAY AWAY!!!!!!!

• brown_2007
    16 years ago

these guys did a pool for me about a yr ago, had a few problems, now phones are disconnected, no response on email. Like they disappeared....STAY AWAY!!!!!! bad business people...what good is their guarantee if they are out of business.

• bderringer1
    16 years ago

STAY AWAY! These guys are thieves! They will take your money, build a crappy pool that discolors after a few months. The pool is only 1 year old. We've tried to get other REPUTABLE pool companies to fix all the cracks and mistakes these morons left us with (after $65K), but they do not want to accept the liability. Before we built we checked with the Houston area bbb and they only had about 3 complaints. Now there are over 24! We've had to have Tex Sun pools come out and do the warranty work on the Jandy heater and replace the remote since these fools don't answer their phone....ever! Lifetime warranty on their work? Good luck trying to find these a..holes! After being completely frustrated with no return calls, I went out to pay them a visit at their "Design Center" listed in Pinehurst TX in Jan/08. Try to imagine the sick feeling I had when I pulled up to the dilapidated building they used to occupy that had an eviction notice on the door. Attempting to find other folks who have this same experience to file a class action law suit. So please let me know if you want to join! RUN AWAY FROM THESE FOOLS!

• Runninghigh33_gmail_com
    14 years ago

We also had a very, very bad experience with Bedrock Pools. Greg Major is probably the most dishonest man alive. All of the reports/reviews of Bedrock pools have a common theme . . . he comes early to start the project, collects the majority of your money, and then either never shows up to complete the project, or if you're lucky, he might do a very poor job finishing the pool over the course of 12-16 months. This guy will make your life miserable. Do yourself a favor - check the Better Business Bureau and stay away from this company.

We're starting a database of victims of Bedrock Pools to help each other in any possible lawsuits, etc. If you've had past experiences with this company, please email me at runninghigh33@gmail.com.

• Gloria
    10 years ago

Hpurvis, jkktx1,

We're you happy with Houston Pool Design Construction Co.?

• Jill414
    10 years ago

We have also had a terrible experience with Bedrock Pools! Greg doesn't only screw over his customers, he screws over other businesses as well. We were hired to ship close-out pool equipment to his busniess. As soon as we discovered Greg did not want to pay for that shipment, we cancelled it. Greg took it upon himself to impersonate an employee at our business, charging $3800 to our account!! Not only is Greg a FRAUD his actions are highly ILLEGAL. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this company!

• bderringer1
    3 years ago

I have the same problem. What I have found is a gentlemen in San Diego Dave Henderson who does these type of fake rock pools on a daily basis. He has tons of information on YouTube. If only the losers at Bedrock had done the job correctly as Dave does we wouldn't be in this situation. I haven't located a local area pool company that does it yet. May follow Dave's advise and do it slowly myself. Or if I win the lotto I'll hire him to do it! Let me know if you find a local.

• Wendi Fancher
    2 years ago

I have found someone that is able to do it. His name is Taylem and he used to work for Bed Rock! He lives in Houston and seems very knowledgeable about the pool! Email me if you want more info. wendifancher@yahoo.com

• Chris Mudd
    2 years ago

Wendi - I am looking for someone to repair my Bedrock Pool in west Houston. I will send you an email

• Beth Hammond
    2 years ago

DO NOT use Taylem Stanley! We hired him to resurface our Bedrock Pool in 2019. Here it is 2022 and we are sitting in small claims court suing him because not only did he never finish after we paid him, he made our pool actually look worse.

Sponsored
Potomac Shores Cabinetry
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Loudoun County's Well-Designed Spaces and Custom Crafted Cabinetry