Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
PB Question - "Winterizing" Jandy Panel

Posted by thejimbar (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 28, 12 at 20:18

Decided this winter I am going to keep the power on in our cabana to utilize some extra refrigerator space. The breaker ithat the Jandy Control Panel is on, is the same breaker that sends power out to the cabana. Can I safely leave the panel on over the winter?
The pumps, cleaners, heater, etc are on other breakers, so they won't come on. Lights are on inside the panel. The remote right now says freeze protection is on, but again, none of the equipment has power, so nothing is running.

OK to leave the panel on?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: PB Question - "Winterizing" Jandy Panel

Yes but if you lost power because of Sandy, put a fresh 9V battery in.

Turning off all pump breakers is a good idea.

Make sure the panel isn't in Service mode.

Scott

o
RE: PB Question - "Winterizing" Jandy Panel

Thanks Scott, hope all is well with you. Have house generator so pool was good to go. Pumps all off as I said, panel in normal mode so all is good here.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here