Flagstone coping
Stone veneer around spa and firepit
Midnight Blue mini pebble

This post was edited by Homer100 on Sun, Apr 6, 14 at 22:15

Comments (87)

• homer100_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Kitchen coming along. Setting stainless stuff and grill tomorrow. Should be able to wrap it up too. Stone mason's aren't the same guys who did flagstone coping, spa and fire pit, but it looks like they are doing a nice job.

• homer100_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Kitchen getting close. Didn't realize the counter wasn't included in the price. $1,200.00 for a travertine top. They saw me coming.

• homer100_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The midnight blue mini-pebble is looking dark and green. Yikes!!

This post was edited by Homer100 on Sun, Apr 13, 14 at 11:59

• homer100_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Pool is filled and still has a green tint and is dark. PB said it's normal and will clear up. Hopefully midnight blue wasn't the wrong choice.

• debrajessup
    9 years ago

I've been following for awhile now. We started our pool in Jan. and I love your tile below the coping. We live in Texas and will be using a lot of flagstone. I love the way the tile blends so well. Can you share the name and size? Love your whole project!

• homer100_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks. The name of of the tile is Sierra blue slate and can be found NPTpool.com under the Aquarius collection. It does look cool with the flagstone coping. It blends nicely. Also, it's a 6" tile.

• homer100_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

A little better today. Still a green tint

• homer100_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Looks like this is the final water color.

This post was edited by Homer100 on Thu, Apr 17, 14 at 17:02

• homer100_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Pool at night

• homer100_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Kitchen complete. Still needs trim ring around refridge. Sod, landscaping and spray deck coming soon.

This post was edited by Homer100 on Thu, Apr 17, 14 at 12:37

• Dena Walters
    9 years ago

This has been a VERY long process for you, but it is Amazinggg!!!!....I love everything about it and can't wait to see it alll come completely together with the landscaping and the spray decking....I am excited for you and your summer this year!!!
    Dena

• homer100_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you. Yes, it has been very long thanks to the very bad Winter here in St.Louis. I am still glad I decided to start in the late Fall, otherwise who knows when it would be completed this Spring. Its already been a very wet one. I'm happy with everything so far. My wife thinks the Stonescapes Midnight blue is too dark. She likes it up close, but thinks from a distance and from inside the house it looks like lake water.

• homer100_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The gable roof is now complete. It's a tongue and groove vinyl bead board ceiling, 4 eyeball lights and outdoor fan. Finished the gutters, downspouts, final trim work and caulking today.

• homer100_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Sod and cool decking are complete. Up next, furniture and landscaping.

This post was edited by Homer100 on Mon, May 5, 14 at 16:00

• banana_fanna
    9 years ago

Nice. You're going to be so happy you eliminated the planting boxes on the back wall. It looks great. Now, just keep dogs and people off your grass for a couple weeks and you're golden. Gonna be a great summer. Have you purchased furniture yet?

• homer100_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you. Yes, patio furniture is purchased and the landscapers are coming next week. Pines and Arbor vitae's in the rear. I agree about the planting beds. Makes the walkway much larger too. We kept the one bed which we planted a row of knockout roses in, Should be a pretty hedge.

This post was edited by Homer100 on Mon, May 5, 14 at 18:16

• homer100_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Here's a top view and also shows the water color.

• banana_fanna
    9 years ago

Our pools are similar. Raised on the back like that, with the fence 12' or so beyond. We eliminated our raised beds, too, at the last minute and planted knock out roses along the fence line. The whole project is only 3 years old so the roses are still filling in but it is lovely when in bloom. I will try to find a pic.

• homer100_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I would love to see it

• homer100_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Pool is finally looking like midnight blue instead of midnight green. Still working on landscaping in back.

• maddielee
    9 years ago

Looks great!

ML

• homer100_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks ML

• homer100_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

100% complete

• homer100_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Another

• homer100_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

another

• homer100_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Another

• homer100_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

And final

• homer100_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for reading and following.

• gr8daygw
    9 years ago

That is so beautiful! What a wonder it is! I love the color of the water, so sophisticated and exotic island-y. I hope you have a great summer and enjoy every minute. I read your whole thread and what a transformation. Gorgeous.

• homer100_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you Gr8day

• Cajun9267
    9 years ago

Looks Great!!! Did you guys use Blue Haven? We just signed a contract with them and was wondering if you were satisfied with their work? Schedule? Performance?

• cherig22
    9 years ago

I love the dark blue color, your very own blue lagoon. Great looking pool.

Cheri

• gaylek
    9 years ago

Your projects really came together so well! Looks awesome! Thanks for sharing your progress all through the build!

• homer100_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for the kind words everybody. And yes, we used Blue Haven. Overall, yes, very happy. Real quality work. Seems like we paid a lot more than most places from reading this message board and comparing. But they were in line from the local pool companies. Also, very happy with the Stonescape Midnight Blue mini pebble. Looks awesome in person. The spray deck and mini pebble take it to the next level IMO.

• homer100_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Double knockout roses are growing nicely. Love how they bloom all Summer by the pool

• smc5910
    9 years ago

Stunning backyard paradise.

Did BH do the gable roof as well?

Where is the filtration located? Did you install a heater? It's been a unseasonable cool St. Louis summer.

• homer100_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks. Yes Blue Haven built it. Yes, it has a heater. The heater and equipment is behind the wall and rose bushes right up against our fence. One good thing about a dark color pool, it stays warm.

• homer100_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

No, Blue Haven did not build the Gable Roof and Kitchen.

• homer100_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hurry up Spring!!!

• homer100_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

New pics from the builder

• homer100_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Pic #2