o
RE: New pool in St.Louis

Overhead view before stone

o

Overhead after stone

o

Very nice. I love the neutrality of the stonework. Classic.

o

Thank you. Looks like they are starting the retaining wall this week. Not sure how much more will get done this year. At least they can finish up quickly in the Spring. Didn't want this thing dragging out until Summer, that's why we decided to start it so late in the year. I will post more follow up pics in March.

o

Up close tile and coping

o

Starting retaining wall

o

Wall completed

o

Are these pretty standard?

Heater - BTU - 250,000
pump - 1HP Phantom
Filter size and type - 550

o

I am in St. Louis too. Built ours about 4 years ago. Who is your pool builder? Looks great.

o

Thanks. Blue Haven.

o

Looks like they are going to form up the concrete then wait for a nice day to pour. With St.Louis weather, you never can tell. I assume they want 40's being the high during the day, and low 30's at night being the low. Hopefully we will have a few of those days yet this year

o

Forming the concrete

o

another angle

o

The start of the gable roof

o

Roof coming along

o

Roof almost done

o

Wow. What a difference! Looks great.

o

Thanks. I really like the roof area. Going to put in an outdoor kitchen in there too. Should be a cool place to hang and BBQ

o

I'm looking to put this type of BBQ area on the left side of the porch area, but the stone facing would match the hot tub and firepit.

o

Looks great! They did a great job on the gable roof - it looks like it's always been there.
I think the kitchen would look great on the side of the porch, especially if you match the stonework up to the spa/firepit.

o

Thank you. Definitely going to match the stone with the spa and firepit.

o

They are starting back to work tomorrow. What a long Winter it was. I changed the forms myself. I eliminated the flower beds and moved the forms out to the wall. You can tell by the dirt lines where I moved it from. I like it much better.

This post was edited by Homer100 on Thu, May 1, 14 at 20:47

o

The start of the concrete decking

o

Top view

o

Concrete is poured. Next up mini pebble and water

o

Another angle

o

And another

o

Finally nice enough to shoot the mini pebble this week. They are starting the kitchen this week too and sod next week. Bushes/trees and landscaping to follow. Getting ready to wind this thing down.

o

The start of the kitchen

o

Looks wonderful!

ML

o

Thanks ML

The pebble is done. Midnight blue. Acid wash tomorrow and starting filling.

This post was edited by Homer100 on Thu, Apr 10, 14 at 23:57

o

Kitchen coming along. Setting stainless stuff and grill tomorrow. Should be able to wrap it up too. Stone mason's aren't the same guys who did flagstone coping, spa and fire pit, but it looks like they are doing a nice job.

o

Kitchen getting close. Didn't realize the counter wasn't included in the price. $1,200.00 for a travertine top. They saw me coming.

o

The midnight blue mini-pebble is looking dark and green. Yikes!!

This post was edited by Homer100 on Sun, Apr 13, 14 at 11:59

o

Pool is filled and still has a green tint and is dark. PB said it's normal and will clear up. Hopefully midnight blue wasn't the wrong choice.

o

I've been following for awhile now. We started our pool in Jan. and I love your tile below the coping. We live in Texas and will be using a lot of flagstone. I love the way the tile blends so well. Can you share the name and size? Love your whole project!

o

Thanks. The name of of the tile is Sierra blue slate and can be found NPTpool.com under the Aquarius collection. It does look cool with the flagstone coping. It blends nicely. Also, it's a 6" tile.

o

A little better today. Still a green tint

o

Looks like this is the final water color.

This post was edited by Homer100 on Thu, Apr 17, 14 at 17:02

o

Pool at night

o

Kitchen complete. Still needs trim ring around refridge. Sod, landscaping and spray deck coming soon.

This post was edited by Homer100 on Thu, Apr 17, 14 at 12:37

o

This has been a VERY long process for you, but it is Amazinggg!!!!....I love everything about it and can't wait to see it alll come completely together with the landscaping and the spray decking....I am excited for you and your summer this year!!!
Dena

o

Thank you. Yes, it has been very long thanks to the very bad Winter here in St.Louis. I am still glad I decided to start in the late Fall, otherwise who knows when it would be completed this Spring. Its already been a very wet one. I'm happy with everything so far. My wife thinks the Stonescapes Midnight blue is too dark. She likes it up close, but thinks from a distance and from inside the house it looks like lake water.

o

The gable roof is now complete. It's a tongue and groove vinyl bead board ceiling, 4 eyeball lights and outdoor fan. Finished the gutters, downspouts, final trim work and caulking today.

o

Sod and cool decking are complete. Up next, furniture and landscaping.

This post was edited by Homer100 on Mon, May 5, 14 at 16:00

o

Nice. You're going to be so happy you eliminated the planting boxes on the back wall. It looks great. Now, just keep dogs and people off your grass for a couple weeks and you're golden. Gonna be a great summer. Have you purchased furniture yet?

o

Thank you. Yes, patio furniture is purchased and the landscapers are coming next week. Pines and Arbor vitae's in the rear. I agree about the planting beds. Makes the walkway much larger too. We kept the one bed which we planted a row of knockout roses in, Should be a pretty hedge.

This post was edited by Homer100 on Mon, May 5, 14 at 18:16

o

Here's a top view and also shows the water color.

o

Our pools are similar. Raised on the back like that, with the fence 12' or so beyond. We eliminated our raised beds, too, at the last minute and planted knock out roses along the fence line. The whole project is only 3 years old so the roses are still filling in but it is lovely when in bloom. I will try to find a pic.

o

I would love to see it

o

Pool is finally looking like midnight blue instead of midnight green. Still working on landscaping in back.

o

Looks great!

ML

o

Thanks ML

o

100% complete

o

Another

o

another

o

Another

o

And final

o

Thanks for reading and following.

o

That is so beautiful! What a wonder it is! I love the color of the water, so sophisticated and exotic island-y. I hope you have a great summer and enjoy every minute. I read your whole thread and what a transformation. Gorgeous.

o

Thank you Gr8day

o

Looks Great!!! Did you guys use Blue Haven? We just signed a contract with them and was wondering if you were satisfied with their work? Schedule? Performance?

o

I love the dark blue color, your very own blue lagoon. Great looking pool.

Cheri

o

Your projects really came together so well! Looks awesome! Thanks for sharing your progress all through the build!

o

Thanks for the kind words everybody. And yes, we used Blue Haven. Overall, yes, very happy. Real quality work. Seems like we paid a lot more than most places from reading this message board and comparing. But they were in line from the local pool companies. Also, very happy with the Stonescape Midnight Blue mini pebble. Looks awesome in person. The spray deck and mini pebble take it to the next level IMO.

o

Double knockout roses are growing nicely. Love how they bloom all Summer by the pool

o

Stunning backyard paradise.

Did BH do the gable roof as well?

Where is the filtration located? Did you install a heater? It's been a unseasonable cool St. Louis summer.

o

Thanks. Yes Blue Haven built it. Yes, it has a heater. The heater and equipment is behind the wall and rose bushes right up against our fence. One good thing about a dark color pool, it stays warm.

o

No, Blue Haven did not build the Gable Roof and Kitchen.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here