Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gster_gw

Pool Renovation Questions

gster
12 years ago

We have an 80s era pool that has a few cracks in the pool deck that have migrated to the 2X6 coping tiles and have cracked them. We need to repair the pool deck by cutting out the cracks and filling and resurfacing the cut outs. We would also like to replace all of the 2X6 tiles . . . we were "blue skying" about replacing the coping tiles with coping bricks by cutting back the existing pool deck (concrete) to allow the bricks to sit flush with the existing pool deck. Not sure if this is insane or a reasonable idea . . . comments?

Also, our pool renovation company suggested that we resurface the pool by filling areas damaged when a hurricane collapsed the pool screen, applying a bond coat and applying new gem coat . . . the pool surface is pretty good considering the age . . . a little yellowing in spots but generally sound . . . should we consider an acid wash as a less expensive alternative? I don't want to do a half baked job but I am not sure I can tell between what is NEEDED versus what is NICE TO HAVE . . . As you can tell . . . money is certainly an object . . . opinions welcomed!!!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County