Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Urgent question regarding spa

Posted by lpge40 (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 4, 12 at 19:02

Hi there,

Just started the installation of a fiberglass pool 16x40 and tomorrow they are starting the plumbing and electrical. Pool will be delivered tomorrow too. The pool hold 21000 gallons and we have the Pentair intelliflo pump, pentair 320 clear and easy, intellichlor IC40 and pentair 125000 heat pump.

We had not budgeted for a spa but yesterday I mentioned it and the pool builder said he would give us a good price as he already has dug up the area and is about to start the plumbing, electrical etc.

He mentioned he would include the light, the pump, add as many jets as we'd like (?) and obviously the plumbing. The spa hold 500 gallons.

The question I had is what should we be looking for as far specifications are concerned. Pump size? Seperate plumbing? I'm clueless as this is last minute and haven't really researched this.

Or would it just be better purchasing an above ground spa later?

Thanks!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Urgent question regarding spa

I don't build fiberglass pools, but I can tell you that I use the one Pentair Intelliflo VS3050 pump for both the pool and the spa. You can't have the jets in the spa going when the pool returns are on, but that is no big deal. The Intelliflo pump will operate as efficiently as possible if you use 3" suction line plumbing on the spa. Besides a light and jets and pump, you need an air blower to power the spa jets, but those are inexpensive. I can't imagine how your PB could be providing this to you at no additional cost, but, what the heck, I'd go for it if I were you,

o
RE: Urgent question regarding spa

Womanowned, much obliged for the quick response. He may have mentioned the air blower, not sure. I was also wondering if one could keep the spa at a certain temp separate from having to heat the pool if you only have one heater?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here