Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pentair Minimax 400 Heater....Help!

Posted by trhtexas (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 24, 10 at 18:40

My heater has been off since last winter (Texas). All control panal lights are on. Service light is "Off". Pilot light is lit, but burners wont light and I believe it is from no gas to the burners. Any advice would be helpful. Pool man is off till Monday and kids are home for Thanksgiving and would like to use the spa. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Tim

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pentair Minimax 400 Heater....Help!

Can you narrow that down a bit?

Minimax?
Minimax Plus?
Minimax NT? (lo nox, LP, TSI?)

o

Trh, if you're sure the pilot is on maybe it's just not hot enough to open the thermal valve so needs to be adjusted

Or maybe you think it's on but it's not

http://x.havuz.org/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=10019&sid=ff47154f2b7050110413ed08fb604402

o

Maybe you should become more knowledgeable before sending someone on a wild goose chase.

If a minimax heater has a light it's electronic ignition.

If there is a service light on a heater it's not millivolt as suggested as before.

Typically when the service light goes off, it means that the pilot is lit, and the rectification system is detecting proper flame.

Chances are, the gas valve, or ignition module need to be replaced, but I can't say this with absolute certainty without having my hands on it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here