Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
qofmiwok

Pebble Tec, Sheen, Diamond Brite

qofmiwok
10 years ago

Hi
I'm curious what people are paying for re-plastering these days. I have a relatively small pool in Hawaii (16'x28') and it's $15k-$20k depending on what product you want, plaster or one of the pebble or quartz finishes. The prices I read here sure look a lot lower, but many of those posts were 2007.

I'm not sure which product to go with, but I want a darker color so the pool gets warmer. We have solar panels on the west side of the house, but they don't accomplish much in winter when the sun is low. (The southern roof is taken by photovoltaic panels.) If we have to pay this much to replaster, I figure we might as well go darker. Most people around here are going with gray plaster, but it gives a really mottled, swirly look that we don't like. So I'm thinking a midnight blue type of color.

It's crazy looking at these colors online because the same color looks so different in different pools depending on lighting, and then half the time they have a colored pool light on in the picture. We have sun about half the time, and slightly overcast the other half (either clouds or VOG from the volcano).

Seems like some people like big pebbles (Pebble Tec) for the look, but some don't because they are rough. I've even seen they cut feet. Is it really that bad? If you have Pebble Tec and don't find it too rough, please let me know! I assume Diamond Brite is close to Pebble Sheen, is that right?

Comments (3)