Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Change subject line

Posted by dalehileman (dalehileman@verizon.net) on
Tue, Nov 2, 10 at 16:29

Many times after attempting a second post to a thread have got this error message

"You already have a follow-up listed with the same subject. If you didn't see your message listed, you probably need to reload the page.
If you want to submit another follow-up to the same message, please change the subject line."

Which although it makes no sense to me I have always successfully addressed by changing its title and resubmitting. But last time I still got the same error message so was unable to post further to that thread. Is the title not the subject line

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Change subject line

I think the Forum is trying to tell you something.

o

I find the posts very entertaining. Wow.

o

Dale
This is an older style forum which none of us has a way of altering its setup nor are there really any explanation pages. We just go with what is and don't get too carried away with they "why's" of the forum. It just is.
I too have had the same issue from time to time. It seems to happen if I am the last post on the thread and want to comment further in another post. So, while it is still under that same thread, I just change a word in the subject line. I keep the RE:

o

"It seems to happen if I am the last post on the thread and want to comment further in another post. "

Thank you Zoo for that hint, it's reassuring that I'm not the only victim of this glitch

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here