Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Polaris 280 vs Polaris 380

Posted by mrs_mack (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 11, 07 at 15:44

Our PB suggests that we get the Polaris 280 w/ booster instead of the 380 w/booster.

He said that when the 380 came out they started using it for customers but were winding up with a lot of complaints so, they switched back to the 280. I'm just wondering if this is his "sales pitch" to talk us into a less expensive model since either one would be included in our package?

I'd appreciate any feedback on either model.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Polaris 280 vs Polaris 380

The 280 is head and shoulders better than either the 380 or the 480.

See ya,
Kelly

o

We have the 380, no issues. Emptied the bag every once in a while, other than that, never touched it. Left it in all season and ran it on the timer for an hour and a half every day.

o

Hi Kelly...

Why is the 280 better than the 380/480...

o

a few years ago I looked into the 380 vs. 280 choice and opted for the 280 because I didn't like the fact that the 380 was belt driven. I checked with a service tech of a pool co. and he raved about the 280 and said that it was as good a machine as you could find. He stated that the belts were always slipping on the 380 and not to buy it. So if the 380 is still belt driven go for the 280. I've heard that the 380 has changed this year, but I'm not sure how.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here