Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Love/Hate Thread

Posted by teachere (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 12, 11 at 15:09

We are beginning our pool installation next week and I'm hoping that I love everything about it. Our plans are for a 18' x 34' free form, salt water system, cc 420 pentair, vac system, 1 light, intelliflo pentair pump, master temp heater, auto fill, 18" stacked rock raised wall and 36" decent fall, grey plaster, a large baja ledge with umbrella, flat colored concrete coping and stamped concrete w/antique stain for deck area. Sound okay? I'm starting to question my decisions and was wondering if any of the members on this board have any strong feelings about their completed pools.

Is there anything that you love/hate about your pool? Would you do anything differently somewhere? Are there some things that you would absolutely recommend?

Thanks for your help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Love/Hate Thread

teachere....Congrats...looks like a good start.

After having a pool for over 5 years...the features we appreciate most are the ones that make maintenance easier...you already have one of these...the salt water system which will ease the chore of regular chlorine additions. The other features we like for maitenance reasons are the floor cleaning system and the negative edge which acts as a large skimmer.

Depending on the use of your pool, some fun features we added that still provide endless family enjoyment, in no particular order...bubblers in the beach, jumping jets shooting into the pool, 6 foot waterfall to jump from, fog, basketball hoop, volleyball net and a rather large waterslide ~70 ft. long.

We also take for granted the pool automation system, which allows all these pool features to be enjoyed via a handheld remote control.

You mentioned stamped concrete which we also have...one feature that gets a lot of attention are the the animal footprints that were stamped into the decking (racoon tracks, bird tracks and tiger paws).

Hope this helps.

o

Tiger paws? I don't remember seeing those in the pix.

Scott

o

Scott...Thanks...there in picture #8 going behind the waterfalls in the link below...living in Louisiana...gotta have the Tiger Paws...Go LSU!

Here is a link that might be useful: Tracks from Mike the Tiger

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here