Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
coachard

3M Color Quartz Pool resurface

coachard
13 years ago

I'm having the EXACT same problem as Rosebella2.

Here's her post:

Pool plastered a wk ago with 3 m Carribean Blue, Premium. The person who plastered it claimed to have used product alot before. Started Pool fill same day-without acid bath or other treatment. When completely full - acid put in pool and then brushed for 3 days.

Problem: Inconsistant exposer of quartz-particularly on steps, and the loveseats [all 4]along spotter tiles. White shrieks [some rised-thicker plaster appearently], wavy lines, large and white spots various areas of pool, sides, bottom steps and loveseats.

Finsh is not acceptable. The person who did the work claims all 3m finished pool inconsistent, etc. Claims he has done many. Says if we checked pools done by others with this prouct, all would look like ours. 'Just the nature of the product'- he would have us beleive.

Our Constractor trusted the person-he has done good work for him in the past but never with this product. This is the first time our constractor has had customer use this product. He will do what is neccessary to rectify problem. The q. is what is the best to do at this point? Also -are these problems common with this product? Thank you for any inform you might share? Rosabella2

We just a had a total pool and deck remodel.

My contractor had his sub-contracted pool company come out again and drain the pool and "diamond brush the surface. It was a big improvement, but in many sections of the pool it looks like "corrections".

Also when the chipped out the old plaster with a jackhammer it obviously left a very uneven surface. The just replastered over that surface instead of filling in out feathering the deeper indentations. This is very apparent at night with the pool light on. It show all the shadows.

My contractor tells me that this is normal & acceptable.

It looks very good in the daytime with the sun shining on the surface, but with shade or with the light on at night you can see all the inperfections.

Has any body else out there have this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Comments (3)