Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Polaris 280 revisited

Posted by dalehileman (dalehileman@verizon.net) on
Wed, Nov 10, 10 at 12:30

If you're familiar with the device I have a couple of questions. As our 380 is wearing out after some 7 years of 3-hrs/day service I am considering replacing it with a 280 which gets better grades by Amazon customers than any of its predecessors or successors and whose price remarkably has dropped in half so

1. Can the 280 be used with the same booster as the 380

2. Would you happen to know if its bag-assembly base (two concentric plastic rings) comes apart in the same way as the 380's so when the fabric wears out you can easily substitute a home-made bag and

3. Can you guess why the price of the 280 has dropped so; for instance (a) has it been discontinued and if so (b) whether this bodes ill for the continuing availability of spare parts

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Polaris 280 revisited

1) Yes

2) Yes

3) Pricing on the 280 will vary. Polaris has what they call LAAP. which is lowest advertised price. Most resellers violate guideline. The 280 LAAP is $549. Then you take into the concideration any/all rebates they have to offer. If I am not mistaken they have a $50 rebate offer right now.

I saw the price for the 280 on Amazon as well. That is an excellant price. I would take advantage of it while they can offer it.

o
RE: Polaris 280 revisited

Irish thank you most kindly for that input

Your conclusion is well taken and I shall do it the moment I can afford, hoping its Amazon price remains at that bargain level

Meantime however still wondering about the possibility the price might be a signal that Polaris is discontinuing it though of course how could you know unless you were an insider in which case you'd never admit it

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here