Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to find good PB to fix pool

Posted by dancingsams (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 10, 10 at 9:55

We have a beautiful pool, "finished" in July 2010. To date, it leaks, the tile keeps coming off, the plumbing is a mystery - nothing seems to work the way it should. The PB gave us a 10 year warranty on leaks, but has not tried to fix the leak now for 4 months.

We are still trying to work with the PB, but need to find an intelligent pool person to consult with us, for a fair fee, and help us figure out what is actually going on and how to fix it. We are in the Paso Robles area of California.

Also, it has not just been 4 months. We have been dealing with our current pool builder for over 2 years. You would not believe the mistakes he has made!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to find good PB to fix pool

@Sams,

Rather than post a high resolution picture here, which makes this entire thread a PITA to read, email me one, two, or three so I can put them in a panoramic view. I can then either continue the thread here or trade emails and we can get the plumbing sorted first.

Then we can try to find the leak if it's plumbing related.

Are there any visible cracks in the plaster finish?

@just-a-pb,

Mind if I CC you?

Scott

Here is a link that might be useful: The April thread with the pics of the pool.

o
RE: How to find good PB to fix pool

Tell your builder that you are going to file a complaint with the contractors state license board if he cannot resolve your leaks. If he does not respond go ahead and file a complaint.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here