Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
junitas

Crystalstones vs Quartzscape vs Plasterscape

junitas
9 years ago

We're nearing the end of our build and trying to lock down our plaster choice, looking for some insight on these products.

Our PB kind of browbeat us to go with a pebble product initially, which is how we landed on Crystalstones. However, neither the wife or I really like the look of pebble products (personal opinion, but they just look kind of unrefined to me). The big issue for us is that we have a sun ledge (6") that will have the plaster, and we haven't been hot on all the pebble products we see at shallow depth.

Anyway, we decided to push back and the PB came back with Quartscape, but looking at samples online that doesn't seem any different than Crystalstones... just a lower quality version of the same idea? It's about $1000 cheaper for our pool than the Crystalstones product.

While cruising the NPT site I also saw Plasterscapes, which seems more inline with the kind of smooth look we're interested in. However, I have no idea what the quality of the product is. So:

- Anyone have pros/cons of these products?
- Is plasterscapes a good smooth option? Alternative?
- Does anyone know the warranty details on all these? Can't find much online.

I grew up with a plaster pool that I'm pretty sure didn't have an issue in 20+ years, but maybe I'm missing something on the whole pebble vs plaster debate.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best,
Rick

Comments (5)