Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Should flagstone match Ledger-stone?

Posted by lbphathead19 (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 2, 12 at 2:51

My wife and I choose our flagstone this week, now we need to pick a ledger stone. My question is, should they be the same or match. I believe we are going to use a stacked stone.

Our flagstone coping is mesquite charcoal whiCh has grays and silver in it. The ledger samples I saw either matched very cloche or contrasted. What is the norm or what does anyone suggest.

I'm color blind so its very tough for me. Therefore the final decision will be with my wife.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Should flagstone match Ledger-stone?

Generally, a complimentary contrasting stone is needed. Matches are nearly impossible to attain.

Scott

o
RE: Should flagstone match Ledger-stone?

That is what i was thinking. I think we are going to go with autumn rose from east west stone.
Can the ledger panels be used in a free form pool and spa with curves in it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here