Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
swarly_gw

Reasonable cost of a 15x30 solid pool cover?

swarly
9 years ago

Hello all,

I'm looking into a solid pool cover for an approximately 15'x30' in-ground pool. I've received quotes starting at ~$1950 (not including installation) for a Lantham Coverstar Lite Solid (http://lathampool.com/products/covers-solid.html). Install and closing is another $500.

I've seen a Loop-Loc Ultra-Loc II 16x32 on Amazon for ~$1300. Granted that doesn't come with an installer, but just for the cost of the cover itself, I'm wondering if the Lantham cover is really 50% 'better'?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments (3)

• PamuriMaharaj
    9 years ago

I dont think so. your budget is perfectly enough for a good pool carry on

• swarly
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Pardon my ignorance, but what's a 'pool carry on' ?

So funny enough, I've now received another quote that's in the same ballpark, also for the Lantham Coverstar brand.

• swarly
    Original Author
    9 years ago

FWIW, that seemed to be the going cost. I also spoke to another pool owner (with a slightly larger pool) who got their cover from a local Leslie's for just over ~$2k.

I ended up getting the cover with installation for ~$2150. Shop around, b/c the high-end quote was $800 more!

It seems like you can probably get a solid cover online for anywhere $500 on up. However, that usually include installation (remember you have to measure and drill holes, etc.) and usually no warranty, especially if the installation is messed up.