Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pool Plaster Questions (Photo Included)

Posted by MyFirstPool (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 7, 12 at 22:59

I put in a pool about 6 months ago and for some odd reason I expected the plaster to look better. I went with a quartz finished white plaster and expected it to look a bit different. The plaster has light and dark spots everywhere and has some areas where it is blotchy. My PB tells me to "give it time" and the "true" brightness will come out.. I tried to take some pictures, but did not show up really good.. Any thoughts?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pool Plaster Questions (Photo Included)

There are a 1000 things that can make plasters do this. They include water used, chemistry, mix times, brand of mix used, and so on. To expect a plaster finish, even a quartz laden mix, to look like a painted wall is not a reasonable expectation. Because of this, it isn't likely to be defective though.

Scott

o

As it wears, more aggregate will be exposed and the color will likely even out. Here's mine if it makes you feel any better:

Photobucket

To me it looks beautiful!

PS Sorry for the piece of trash in the pool that I didn't take out and instead took a picture of it for everyone to see.

o

Try an acid bath for a couple of days. Turn off your equipment and let the acid help expose the aggregate and help smooth out the finish. Brush, brush, brush!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here