Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Flow rates

Posted by travis_turner (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 27, 11 at 22:23

I have recently noticed what appears to be a slight decrease in my flow rate. The reason I think this is because the spillover from my spa appears to have lessened. I have also noticed a slight increase in the pressure reading on my filter. It hasn't been that long ago since I cleaned the cartridges. Any suggestions? Pool is just over 2 years old.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Flow rates

Rinse the cartridges and soak them in water and powdered dishwasher detergent to degrease them. Rinse again.

Check the skimmer and pump baskets.

If you have a salt cell, check for debris.

Scott

o

If you suspect the filter is the problem then you can try removing the filters completely and running the system without the cartridges in place. If the flow rates improve then you need to clean your filter. They could be blocked with oil or scale. Different cleaning process required depending on what the problem is.

o

Not sure what the deal is. Flow rates seem to have returned to normal; however the pressure still is higher than normal. When I say that, it's not to the "dirty" reading on the gauge. Just that it's slightly elevated over what it has been for the first 2 years we've had the pool. Guess I need to try cleaning the filters again. Thanks for the input.

o

After a rinse off of the elements, soak them in cheap powdered dishwasher detergent, cheap and effective.

Scott

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here