Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spa replumb problems - please help

Posted by neednewpool (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 19, 11 at 21:54

I replumbed my spa as part of a pool remodel. I have a Polaris QT 2HP 220V blower and an Intelliflo VS for the jets. If just the blower is on, there are tons of bubbles. If just the jet pump is on, there is plenty of water. If the blower and jets are both on, there are hardly any bubbles and it does not feel like a spa. Any help would be greatly appreciated as the spa is now not worth using.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spa replumb problems - please help

Are you sure you didn't tie the air to the water line and visa versa?

Scott

o

I don't think so but how would I check? When i turn on the blower only, plenty of air comes out. To test the water volume and pressure from the jets, I temporarily dropped the water level to below the jets so i could see what is coming out of the jets (and the jet action) in addition to feeling the water from each jet and that looks and feels good. The overall project is about 95% complete and i have been having a very difficult time getting the pool contractor to finish. If possible, I would like to isolate what needs to be done because I no longer have any confidence in the PC. Thank you.

o

Any pics available?

What was re plumbed or supposed to be re plumbed?

It sounds like the air line was connected to the water loop.

Scott

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here