Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mom23girls

Pictures of your pool finish (quartz & pebble)

mom23girls
11 years ago

Hey all...

So, I've been scouring this site for opinions and pictures of quartz and pebble finishes. We have to make a decision by tomorrow, so our pool contractor can be finished by the end of this week. I always loved the classic white plaster for the color, but know we want something that won't get streaks or peeling, etc. We definitely don't want to replaster in another 8-10 years. We are looking at QuartzScapes by NPT (National Pool Tile) -- did they buy out the product from 3M and improve it? The other material we are looking at is Gemstone (the smaller stone, Sand Stone). I want the smoothness for the kids sake, (and my husband's feet as he cannonballs into the pool often), but how many more years does quartz give you? I don't want a grey color and I want light, ivory color, but will it look dirty with pebbles? Our contractor said it's about $1K difference in the two - we'd be willing to pay for a superior product. It's better to pay a little more now, than $8K in 8-10 years.

I'm thinking one post with everyone's close-up of their finishes would help not only me, but this frequently asked question about color!

Thanks all!

4mom23girls

Comments (6)