Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pictures of your pool finish (quartz & pebble)

Posted by 4mom23girls (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 14, 12 at 20:30

Hey all...

So, I've been scouring this site for opinions and pictures of quartz and pebble finishes. We have to make a decision by tomorrow, so our pool contractor can be finished by the end of this week. I always loved the classic white plaster for the color, but know we want something that won't get streaks or peeling, etc. We definitely don't want to replaster in another 8-10 years. We are looking at QuartzScapes by NPT (National Pool Tile) -- did they buy out the product from 3M and improve it? The other material we are looking at is Gemstone (the smaller stone, Sand Stone). I want the smoothness for the kids sake, (and my husband's feet as he cannonballs into the pool often), but how many more years does quartz give you? I don't want a grey color and I want light, ivory color, but will it look dirty with pebbles? Our contractor said it's about $1K difference in the two - we'd be willing to pay for a superior product. It's better to pay a little more now, than $8K in 8-10 years.

I'm thinking one post with everyone's close-up of their finishes would help not only me, but this frequently asked question about color!

Thanks all!
4mom23girls

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pictures of your pool finish (quartz & pebble)

Here are a couple of pics of our new pool with Pebble Sheen and the color is Aqua Blue. We love it and it is not rough on our feet. I think it was definitely worth the extra costs.

o

Here is the second pic.

o

So, I've read about the concern about picking a blue color finish as it'll eventually fade to grey with the chlorine and/or salt. Is that what yours did as the shelf looks grey?

o

I don't think it looks gray at all. Just the pebble color. Nice pool. I like the step markers.

o

The shelf looks grey because of the water depth. The deeper the water, the more blue the finish will look. When you see the pebble applied before the water gets put in the pool, it looks grey. We have PS Aqua Blue, also.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here