Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pretty blue tile pictures, please. (Tondela??)

Posted by banana_fanna (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 20, 10 at 19:19

If you have blue water line tile would you please post a picture of it, provide it's name and what type of finish you have in your pool?

I've seen one Tondela picture (Verona by NPT) which is lovely but I'd like to see a few other options.

I'm sort of in love with Blue Granite Pebble Sheen so whatever I pick needs to complement that. I'm not opposed, however, to changing the pebble color if I see a tile I'm crazy about.

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pretty blue tile pictures, please. (Tondela??)

I have Verona tile, but in the Tavora Tan color, and I absolutely love it! It works perfectly with our River Rok Granite color, which I think is very similar to Pebbletec's Moonlight Grey. The end result is a very natural look. Here are some pics:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Good Luck!

o

Verrry nice. I love your tile and coping and River Rok.

My next question to the forum, of which I'm sure there will be many, was to ask for pictures of natural color tile. I'm torn between blue or the creams/naturals. Something like yours is somewhere in between!

What is your coping on the spa? What type of edge is that? Honed? Love. Also it looks like you have different coping, (or just a different edge?) on the pool. Looks fantastic. All of it.

o

hawkfive, your choices are fantastic! I also love your stacked stone on the spa. banana fanna, I too am liking the granite blue, so I'll be watching this thread closely. Seems like you might be closer than us (we haven't even started digging yet) so good luck and be sure to keep posting! Marta_p

o

We have 6 x6 tile, Hawaii, blue color and Beach series Antigua by Marbletite ,Pebble finish, lifetime warranty

Here is a link that might be useful: Our new pool build in Jacksonville FL

o

Photobucket

We tried to find tile to compliment the blue tahoe pebble tech and the flagstone coping and steps.

o

Banana-
Thanks for compliments!

Coping on the spa is Tennessee Crab Orchard Flagstone in grey. I don't think they did anything to the edge - that's just how it came from the stone yard.

The stacked stone surrounding the spa is called Delaware Valley Blend.

The coping on the pool is EP Henry Coventry bullnose in the Harvest Blend color, which ties into our pool deck and patio area.

I empathize with you. Making these color selections, and choosing the River Rok, were the hardest part of our build. I made myself crazy - it was hard for me to visualize how everything would work together. I just kept my fingers crossed...

o

Here is my Tondela blue:

First picture is right after the pool was filled so excuse the green water:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here