Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Pool Build in MS (pics)

Posted by bird.nerd (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 20, 11 at 18:26

The pool build started Monday and is moving fast.

They shoot concrete tomorrow.

Thank you Natural One for your guidance on the pool finish. We are going with beadcrete "majestic" WITHOUT any white. We are replacing the white with cobalt. I really appreciate the pictures sent, etc.

I can't figure out how to post pictures here... this is the link to Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/poolbuild1/page1/

If anyone can tell me how to post here I will gladly do it!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Pool Build in MS (pics)

I am impressed. We started our build in MD last week and I still only have a hole, no plumbing, rebar or concrete. Looks nice and big. What size/depth is the pool. Keep posting. When are they supposed to be done?

o

This is part of a remodel (and dream) of my childhood home. The house is underway also!

The pool is adjacent to "Mama's" garden (see the hedge near by).

The main pool is 14' x 30" the sitting area at the far end adds 8' to the length.

The shallow end is 4' graduating to 8' at deep end. The sitting area is 4' from bottom (in the middle where you stand).

Steps at both ends of pool...geometric vs wedding cake. Step at sitting area is more for a "step out option" versus having to swim the length of the pool. (Cocktail area...LOL).

Also sun shelf surround in shallow end (for sunning and little ones... grandkids I hope to have SOMEDAY...but not yet)!

Sorry I couldn't figure out how to post the pics here...have a new computer and learning here with Mac.

I will keep posting pics and SO appreciate all the learning and advise on this site. I am happy to answer questions if I can...although I am a novice.

o

Hello, I see your posts are over a year old. I am a pool contractor and we are planning to use BeadCrete's Majestic finish. I love what you are doing with replacing the white beads with cobalt. I don't see any pictures anywhere. Do you have any Pics available to see? I would so appreciate it!

o

What color tile did you use. I am choosing mine soon and I really like the looks of yours.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here