Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pool coping?? Please advise

Posted by balkathy (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 12, 10 at 18:21

So it's time to pick the pool coping. PB suggest bullnose coping. Just not sure about all the pavers around an 18 by 36 rectangle pool. Our decking will be Inca riviera, so we are looking for a coping to compliment. Looked at limestone because we like the bigger pieces but are concerned with corosion (pool is salt system), staining, and flaking. Looked at Blue stone but concerned with temperature on feet and it really doesn't compliment the Inca riviera decking. It looks the same, no contrast at all. We live in MA so weather impacts need to be considered. Is bullnose really the best way to go? Any advise or pics would be appreciated. Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pool coping?? Please advise

Look in the techo bloc book, i have inca baha beige and went with the inca bullnose only because i have a lagoon shape, however they have some nice coping that look great on a rectangle pool, I believe it's called portofino, it's new, there are like two or three diff. ones that look great with your shape pool, i think it would look alot shrper to the eye than alot of small pices the coping is larger, hope that helps, michelle

o

Thanks Michelle. I just looked online and like it very much. Do you happen to have a salt system? and if so has their been any discoloration or fading with the inca?

o

I dont have a salt system, if you want to see pictures of the inca mine are on page 13 under new pool pictures(michelle16) double click to see it large, there is an up close one of pavers and coping, michelle

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here