Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenchallengedsam

Updating pool area without changing outdated pool coping

Our pool coping is a bit outdated, however I have talked to a couple of pool renovation companies and one won't change the coping without doing the whole surface (I don't mind the existing pebble surface, and that would be far too expensive), and the other came back with a quote for the coping that was too much for our budget. So, I think we may have to work around it.

I have inquired about laying quartz or sandstone coping over the existing coping, but no one will do this. Have emailed back to ask why, but no reply at this stage. We also thought about laying timber over the coping, but have been advised against this as the maintenance of the timber is apparently very time & $ consuming - Queensland is a very hot, humid area and the pool is in full sun. FYI, the pool is also a salt-water (concrete) pool.

So, I am wondering if anyone had any ideas about what we could do to make the pool area look more contemporary. Plead, beg, beg, plead!! We are planning on doing timber decking around the pool, plus significant planting (to provide privacy & make the area more attractive).

I'd be grateful for any ideas, or any thoughts on the information we've been provided to-date.

Thanks,

Sam

Comments (5)