Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
linwood_ferguson

Intelliflo VF, Intellitouch I5, pump on/off continuously

linwood.ferguson
13 years ago

Had a Intelliflo VF installed on my 12k gallon pool with attached spa, and the Intellitouch re-flashed. It is programmed and everything works... well, almost.

Note it was done today. That may be relevant.

The "pool" setting is configured so the Intelliflo calculates pool turns and time and decides how long to run (as opposed to a fixed flow rate).

Pool-fast, Spa, and Spa-fast all work fine, but are set at pre-programmed flow rates.

Pool comes on, but when running the pump will run for a few minutes (like 2-3), then turn off for a minute or two, then turn back on. The light on the control panel does not go off. The Intelliflo status on the menu shows "normal" but zero watts while it is off.

The pump is primed and pumping, there are no alerts.

If I change the "pool" programming to be a specific flow rate the pump comes on and runs continuously as expected, at the specified flow rate.

It is only when it is supposedly calculating how long to run by turnover that it does this crazy off/on thing.

The Pentair guy was here (he did the reflash -- note a local pool guy), and said "you often have to wait a full day for them to settle in, it may think it has already finished for the day".

OK... fair enough, though if it were finished it would stay off; and if it were not it should stay on.

He agrees it is not priming or anything related. And there's no VSRS system on the pool (this is a real VF, not the VS-3050).

Anyone else seen this? I guess I can wait for tomorrow, but am curious and see a lot of Intelliflo discussion in this forum, so should be lots of experience.

PS. My old Whisperflo drew a measured 2300 watts, and ran 8 hours per day. I'm getting OK skimming at about 200 watts. I'm expecting to saving $629/year! And I literally cannot hear it run from the pool. Very nice.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting