Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Places in houston to buy palm trees for pool landscaping

Posted by bluehaven (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 12, 13 at 16:43

All those in Houston, any recommendations for a nursery to buy palm trees. We are looking to get either Sylvester or canary palms.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Places in houston to buy palm trees for pool landscaping

Beyond paradise. They have locations in Cypress and Katy.

Just bought two Sylvesters and a triple Pygmy from them. All their palms look great and they will deliver and install.

I got two smaller canarys from Houston Garden Center at 70% off. I'll go there for smaller things I'm willing to risk but their bigger palms aren't a patch on the ones at beyond paradise.

o

Thanks, cbink. Will go there tomorrow. Are these trees pricey?

o

It really depends on what size you buy them at.
I got my Sylvester's for $400/ea and they're 60 gallons (in attached photo). The Pygmy I bought was quite large and was closer to a grand.

If you buy large ones with 10-12 feet of trunk they'll cost you $3k.

o

Thanks, cbink. Appreciate the information.

o

Any other suggestions anyone? Most of the plams at beyond paradise are gone for the season now.

o

I buy all of mine at Houston Garden while they are 70% off. I buy all small plants as if they die I won't think I wasted a ton of money. My 10 dollar Pygmy date palm that I have had for 3 years is selling for over 400 bucks at nursery's. My 10 dollar Queen that was three feet tall 3 years ago is over 15 feet tall now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here