Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christij_gw

Noble Tile Photos

christij
16 years ago

I've made two trips to Noble Tile this week, and the second time actually remembered to take my camera. :) I took a ton of photos, I have some up on my blog, but a lot more on my camera - and in the full size pictures I can read *most* of the tile numbers.

So if anyone is looking at Noble tiles and wants to see some extra pictures, check these out. If you see something you want a larger photo of I can email one over. I know I've been obsessing about the tile choice - and am lucky that Noble Tile is only about 20 minutes from my house, so thought I'd pass the photos on in case someone else could benefit from them. :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Pool Build Photos

Comments (12)

• gk5040
    16 years ago

I did the same thing....I had so many pictures of tiles, pools from the net, stone, outdoor kitchens, neighbors pools, waterfall, the list can go on. I finally had to delete them they took up so much room on the computer. I would sit there and run a slide show of all the pics. The crazy things we do:)

• hawkfive
    16 years ago

christij,

Thanks for all the pics - their tile is beautiful! Their website doesn't do them justice. Good luck with your decision. Unfortunately, we do not have a Noble Tile near us (we're in central NJ). We do have National Pool Tile and Portobello about 40 minutes away. I checked out their websites and they both seem to have a ton of choices. I think I'm going to make a trip to each next week (with camera in hand...)

We are in the very early pool planning stages, and I am looking at everything! At the moment, I am obsessing over pool finish (our choice is either white plaster or 3M colorquartz - not jazzed by either). Really want a pebble finish, but my PB doesn't do them. Oh well...

• houseful
    16 years ago

Hawkfive, Portobello has gorgeous tile. I think you'll be very pleased.

So, Christij, what have you chosen? It's a great relief to finally make a decision. I am partial to the cobalt blue as I have the Corsica ;D

• christij
    Original Author
    16 years ago

houseful, I still haven't decided (though I've spent much time looking at your Corsica tiles!). We sort of switched gears and are now really considering going with Impasti. It's a total departure from the blues we were looking at, but I love how it has so many shades in it, both blue and green, making it (at least in my obessed with tile theory) really flexible as far as water color.

I might even be brave enough to go with gray plaster with that tile (yes, really living on the edge here, lol).

We've had a delay because some gunnite has to be redone (semi-circle people, not pseudo circle) so I have a little extra time to obsess and drive my husband insane over the tile issue. :)

• hawkfive
    16 years ago

christij,

Of all the tiles you photographed, this is the one I kept coming back to - I love it! What is the sample of you're showing with it - pool finish?

• christij
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks hawkfive! I'm really struggling with this, and any friends or family I show this tile to kind of go "eh, yeah, um, okay, it's nice" so I start to wonder if I'm off in left field with this tile.

The sample is the color of the wok pots, which is VERY close to the color of our decking. I have no idea what color grout I'd go with if I used that tile (tan? grey? white?). Darn decisions! I think it's because we'll have 28 feet of raised bond beam that has me so obessed on the tile, you'll see a LOT of it!

• hawkfive
    16 years ago

christij,

I understand about obsession - my husband doesn't understand mine with the pool interior/water color!

Based on how it's coming across on my monitor, my inclination would be to use tan grout, however, what is your pool finish going to be?

• christij
    Original Author
    16 years ago

hawkfive,

That would be the other decision to obsess over! We are getting Wet Edge's Altima finish (basically plaster) and I want to go light gray, but I'm just nervous going from safe and classicly pretty white, so it's still up in the air. With that tile though I'm sort of feeling more comfy with the idea of the gray.

Like you it's all about water color - my thinking is that tile will work if the water turns out a deep blue or a cool aqua. I don't need them to match, just not clash - which has been the root of most of my tile obessing lol!

• houseful
    16 years ago

I really loved the Impasti too! But I knew in my gut I wanted the cobalt. Don't let anyone else make you feel uneasy about your decision. Go with your gut.

• osorry1
    16 years ago

The Impasti looks great and is very similar to the NPTG Cobalto that I used. I wanted a similar look. Make your own decision, it will look great!!!

• christij
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks so much for all the great feedback and support - it's always nice to know I'm not the only one who finds these decisions a challenge!

Ah, osorry1, love your tile (do you have a photo of the finished product, I bet it looks great!) and look at your cute pup! I love the pool pictures with pups! My daughter always walks up and goes "Oh, do we get another dog with our pool?". Nope kiddo, two dogs, two cats, and you little one keep mommy crazy enough! ;)

• margetooty
    9 years ago

I know these are old
    Posts but if you're still around could you posts Picts with your Corsica cobalt blue pool tiles? I'm very interested and pool tile needs to be decided by this weekend! Thank you so much.