Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ocean blue (pebblesheen) vs. midnight blue (pebbletec)

Posted by cambridgefarms (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 31, 12 at 16:03

We are trying to decide between these two surfaces. We think the colors are comparable (and dark). Does anyone have an opinion about whether the sheen version is preferable from a durability perspective?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ocean blue (pebblesheen) vs. midnight blue (pebbletec)

I sell one tec job for every 30 sheen jobs.

Tec is much more abrasive than sheen. In AZ, they are the same price and I would highly prefer sheen in my own pool.

o

We chose Pebble Sheen since it was less abrasive. Really happy with our choice. Well worth the extra expense. The color we chose was Aqua Blue. I have attached a picture. Hope this helps.

o

You would like the texture of Pebble Sheen vs Pebble Tec.

o

Thanks for the feedback.

Amazing that these finishes are the same price in some places. Here in MA, my PB wants an extra $5k for the ocean blue sheen over the cost to do the pool (20 x 40) in midnight blue PT.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here